The Water Restoration Process
Contacting a professional water damage restoration company should be one of your first steps when wanting to know how long water damage restoration takes.
Qualified water restoration experts at NWDR have expertise and resources that not only expedite the process but also provide invaluable help:
- Documenting insurance claims
- Providing accurate estimates
- Guiding you through the entire restoration journey
Let’s explore the timeline of the water damage restoration process and the reasons contacting a water damage repair company promptly is crucial for homeowners.
Benefits of Contacting Us
Rapid response: Our restoration water mitigation experts understand the urgency and prioritize quick action to mitigate damage efficiently.
Expert assessment: We evaluate the extent of the damage in affected areas and develop a tailored plan for effective restoration.
Insurance documentation: NWDR helps document the damage accurately, maximizing your chances of a successful insurance claim.
Accurate estimates: We provide detailed estimates to assist in budget planning and ensure transparency throughout the process.
Guided reconstruction process: Our restoration experts provide invaluable support, guidance, and reassurance during each step, reducing stress for homeowners.
Understanding the Timeline of Water Damage Restoration
The water damage repair process:
- Assessment of the damaged site to determine the extent and necessary repairs.
- Securing waterlogged areas by removing hazards and addressing burst pipe damage.
- Professional water extraction using specialized equipment.
- Drying process with air movers and dehumidifiers to eliminate excess moisture.
- Air purification to improve air quality and remove odors.
- Lastly, we will coordinate with your insurance company to complete any needed documentation for all insurance claims. Nearly twenty percent of home insurance claims are related to water damage and require the water restoration process to fix them.
Water Damage Repair and the Drying Process: How Long Does it Take?
Once a customer understands how the repair process plays out, they’ll next want to learn about the timeline concerning the water damage repair job. Along with other building materials needed for the affected area or areas. Each job will look somewhat different. Will they require extensive repairs, or are other building materials of concern?
There are several concrete factors to the timeline that need to be explained. If they built your home before 1985, our team will first need to handle asbestos testing to ensure we’re safely approaching the restoration site. Then, the process takes place. Typically, the drying process to the affected areas itself will take upwards of 72 hours to complete.
In rare cases, or with homes where water damage is spread out over a large area, this process may take longer. The flooring materials in your home (whether they are stone floors or wood floors) will make a difference in how long does water damage repair process take as well.
Important Restoration Timeline Variables
The timeframe that water has been in contact with your property, flooring materials, leaking appliances, and the material affected is the first variable to consider. It’s key to stay prepared, as upwards of ninety-nine percent of US counties have been impacted by flooding in the last twenty years.
Factors Affecting Water Damage Repair Duration:
- The time taken for leak mitigation and repair.
- The volume of water inside the property.
- The extent of structural damage caused by water leaks.
These variables influence the timeline for the water restoration process. Entrusting that the pros are ready to do their best job, on the quickest possible timeline, becomes key.
Does Water Damage Happen Immediately?
It only takes about an hour of an incursion of water in the home to cause long-lasting, significant damage throughout. So while the answer to “Does water damage happen immediately” is no, it happens so quickly, within about an hour. Water mitigation will be your best weapon in keeping your home’s beauty, safety, and structure intact post-water damage.
Mold growth is one of the largest immediate concerns for homeowners after water incursion. Mold can begin developing rapidly within as little as 24 hours, after all. Acting ASAP when seeking water damage experts becomes your best weapon against combating an affected area.
How Does Standing Water Impact a Home?
Standing water is one of the largest threats posed by water incursion. Over fifty percent of property loss is linked to water intrusion because of accidents (including water damage). The longer water may puddle in your home untouched, the more severe damage from water intrusion can become.
Excess moisture and sewage backup can quickly lead to structural issues, mold growth, and other harmful after-effects.
Timeline for Restoring Your Home’s Interior Post-Water Damage
As the initial inspection and water removal occur, you may want to leave your home during the clean-up process to ensure you’re not putting yourself in harm’s way.
- The drying process typically takes around 72 hours to complete, although larger areas may require more time. They use air movers and industrial dehumidifiers to efficiently remove moisture. Prior to drying, any standing water or flooding must be extracted.
- After the affected areas dry out, water damage repair can begin. At our water damage restoration company, the timetable for restoration depends on the extent of the water damage. We may repair minor damage within a few days, while major damage requires extensive repairs and may cause temporary relocation.
- When faced with a flooding event, contact us for a thorough assessment and a clearer timeline tailored to your specific situation. Additional factors like asbestos testing, contaminated water, and other unique circumstances will be considered.
Commonly Asked Questions
How Much Does Water Damage Repair Cost?
The average cost is between two and five thousand dollars. However, the services needed to restore a home’s interior quality completely will vary.
Does Water Damage Become More Severe Over Time?
Yes, if you’re not quick to call in a restoration team, the damage to your property will continue to increase. For this reason, contact a pro company ASAP to repair minor or significant damage.
Contacting a Restoration Expert After Water Damage is Key
Water damage repair timelines vary depending on the severity of the damage. However, by promptly contacting a professional restoration company like NWDR, you can significantly expedite the repair process yourself. Act swiftly, contact a restoration company, and rely on experts to restore your home to its original beauty and functionality.